Methodological handbook developed under the STEPPING project offers a unique approach and set of guidelines for the implementation of any pilot project where the adoption of EPC sheme for energy renovation of public buildings is to be tested.
Implementation of pilot’s activities (EPC investment plans and tenders) follows the common step by-step approach that concerns:
- Selection of buildings
- Energy audit procedures
- Data consolidation and analysis
- Estimation of investment needed
- Development of EPC contact scheme
- Evaluation of investments and financial performances
- Elaboration of tender schemes, contracts and specification
- Analysis of local EPC market
Other issues for the proper deployment of the pilots have to be concerned as well.